วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Book recap - "The Idiots Guide to Cool Teen Jobs" by Susan Ireland

I just closed reading "The complete Idiot's Guide to Cool Jobs for Teens" by Susan Ireland. As the Ceo of a teen job site, I have read almost every book published about the topic of teen jobs. This book is good than most but still not great. As part of the "Idiot Guides" the book is written in a straight forward and straightforward manner, which I like. My question with the book is that there is a lot of fluff and a lot of filler. almost half the book is devoted to describing the top 50 professions. I found this section to have little to no value and to me was put in there to fill 75 pages. Everyone knows what a cashier is or what a lifeguard is, we legitimately do not need to pay .95 to find out.

There are some good parts to the book as well. I legitimately like the section that deals with seeing out which job is best agreeing to your likes and dislikes and personalities. This is very beneficial for any job seeker and this is magnified when you are talking about teens. I also like the fact that the author devotes an entire part to discussing jobs that help care for habitancy and for animals. I believe that working with those that are in need and animals are great ways for teens to gain caress in the workplace and I was glad to see that the author agrees with my doctrine on that.

Book

I do disagree with her highlighting the labor related jobs. It is my belief that teens should be very just with those types of jobs because the risk of injury is so high.

In closing, I would recommend the book, there is some goof information, I would check it out at the library of buy a used copy if you can.

Book recap - "The Idiots Guide to Cool Teen Jobs" by Susan Ireland

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น