วันเสาร์ที่ 28 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

The Next Step to Take After Writing Your Book

You've got the movement inside, the energy is just right, you are roughly fulfilled, writing your book...now what are you going to do with it?

What is the purpose of writing your book? Are you going to write about what is going on in your life and send it to be printed straight through a publish-on-demand enterprise so you can show it to your friends and neighbors? Or, do you plan to try to make a living from the royalties you get from book sales?

Book

How many citizen do you know who make a really good living out of writing?

Writing or creating a book is very often, in my case, a stepping stone to something else. A very needful stepping stone because each book brings an staggering education and helps me see the next step to take as a enterprise person.

Whenever I am taking on a new author to help them with the editing, proofreading, or publishing of their book I ask them the same questions I just asked. What do you plan to do with this book? Why do you need or want to write this book? I have a lot of networking contacts so I can help a writer find a publisher that is right for them. But, before doing that, I need to know the purpose of the book.

Then, I know how I am going to help in getting the book on the market and how. Does the book need to be pitched to a big house?

Getting a publisher curious in your book is a whole other process. And that may be the next step for your book. If so, you are going to need a query letter and a book proposal in order to begin the process of searching for an agent or publisher to accept your manuscript.

The author's intention for the book is right on something to consider before trying to issue it. Many times the writer isn't intending to market the book or put it in bookstores. In that case, there's no need to issue straight through a accepted publisher. You don't even need to try the query process. Just use the services of a publish-on-demand enterprise such as Published by Westview, or self-publish the book and have a reputable enterprise print it. Then, it becomes an heirloom you can pass down to your family. It's something you will all the time treasure, but it's not meant for the public market.

The next step calls for an speculation of your time.

If a book has potential, and the author has decided on a publishing method, I ask them how they intend to market their book. Many times, the phone goes silent because the author doesn't know how to answer. They whether didn't realize they were going to be involved in the marketing of their book or they have no idea how to promote a book. That's why I wrote an eBook titled Book Marketing in the Digital Age, Online Promotion Made Easy. My authors needed the data it provides. And, I figure if my authors need the information, so do all the other authors out there. In gift the eBook for sale, I meet a need and supply earnings for myself. That's the entrepreneurial spark!

Without marketing, the book will not sell and you won't recoup the time and money you've invested in the writing and publishing process. With proper marketing of books that citizen want to read, your book has the possible of turning into supplemental income. The next step is up to you!

The Next Step to Take After Writing Your Book

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น